Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Does Mastrubation Causes Dark Circles

Phase 7: The Syndrome "When you got no job, you galleys to find ... but when you're in, you will be asked to do two miles in BD year

Here we are, with Elsa and Nicolas Jarry Delcourt offices in Paris.
was the first time I entered the premises of a national edition.
We spent a good half hour to shake hands and forget to also dry the surnames of their owners.
It is thrilled to meet a brief Mr.Delcourt himself "very, very busy and Fine, talking big money with the collection manager in the comfort of his office-library-warehouse storage mobile effigy of the most great success of the box.

under Big is an understatement, we are beginning writers, so the price per page is not exorbitant, but what was extremely fortunate to be paid to do comics, dreams! ! :) Many subtleties

eludes us in the contract. With years of experience, we know that the publishing contracts are far ahead of the clearest and least "jt'embrouilles" compared to what I have seen in other artistic fields.

But there is still obscure stuff, stuff we do not understand ... it does not matter, we accept the whole block (of course, was too afraid that if we start to negotiate, they say that ibn not go home ...)!


And the return home is made with banana ears.
is discussed between us many things, the guidelines of the series, it is projected into the future, with plein d'énergie, et surtout...surtout, du rythme optimal à obtenir.

J'ai été nourri aux mangas et aux comics, et j'ai toujours pensé la même chose depuis le début. Le succés d'une série vient de sa régularité dans la parution.

Et là, je trouve le système de production franco-belge assez abhérrant. Je vois que la moyenne de production d'un album est de 1 an et demi. Et dans ma vision candide des choses, je me demande bien pourquoi les auteurs français ne vont pas plus vite !...

Si j'accroche au premier épisode de DR.HOUSE, j'ai la suite la semaine suivante et non pas 1 an après. Pour les mangas, le rythme est hébdomadaire and comics are monthly, so why ...?

I quickly realized by the first plates for my first album, ... well, actually, it's really hard. So it is long. It was so

few pages per month than we have had a part-time side.

And this is how our days were spent for 6 months (after we stopped, we were nazes)

-8.00, Elsa I bring to his half-time librarian at CDI College.
-8.30 am helping Christian Gine (Snow, Finkel) the sets of her series.
-16h30, I go to my halftime, he had to call customers de salles de remise en forme et leur demander si tout allait bien, plus de 200 appels à faire en quelques heures.
-21h00, je rentre à la maison, on mange et on bosse sur Magon jusqu'à point d'heure.

C'est sûr que c'est rien comparé à la journée de Jack Bauer, mais on a pas fait ça très longtemps.

Un jour j'ai lu une interview de Marini pour sa nouveauté, le Scorpion. le journaliste le questionne à propos de sa cadence de production ultra-rapide. Il répond tout simplement qu'il dessin le mieux possible sur l'instant et qu'il préfère laisser des petites erreurs, l'important est d'avancer et de PRODUIRE...

Cette phrase m'a marquée. I'm used to it for many years.

Meanwhile, Nicolas Jarry wants to do other scenario, he developed particularly with Jean-Luc Istin a series in the Sun, The Mists of Asceltis.


Elsa made a color test and the one who wins the position. Jean-luc has launched a series of community around the Breton legends, "Tales of Korrigan" It is my intention to participate in Volume 2.

I put myself in "Fight-On" and now I spend 6 years of nothing to crazy days where I draw 13 or 14 hours straight.

I'm not complaining, though course, is happiness, even if this dirt hand does not obey my brain and it is often anything. But "Marini-way-of-life" I whispered ... advance, improve yourself, do not you ask the best questions.

What must be clarified that readers do not know perhaps is that it is easy to get into a spiral of questions and doubts when it is cut off for long.
I did my first album, there were no confrontation (positive or negative) with the public dedications or criticism in newspapers or on the Internet. It was just me, alone with my work.

The first album to be released is "Tales of Korrigan," June 18, 2003.


I'm pretty excited, especially since my character's devil on the cover (the rest was designed by Jean-Luc Istin).

Mago so I can not wait! ...

And the news comes shortly after, it was the release date, I have to make my first cover. The album will be released in September 2003 and we are invited to the festival Delcourt at Bercy for launch!

0 comments:

Post a Comment